I am trying so hard to get Lia to take naps nicely. She doesn't like to nap. She gets so tired but if I lay her down in her crib, she screams and cries forever. Dustin can often get her to nap by laying her on the couch next to him and turning on the TV, or holding her on his lap in front of the TV. I'm not a huge fan of this method because I don't want to HAVE to use the TV for naptime, but at least he can get her to sleep! I use his methods and they don't work. Lia just gets mad.
It has just been in the past week or so that Lia has started getting the hang of napping in her crib for me. I lay her down, she cries for ten mins or so, then falls asleep. It doesn't always work, but it has been working more often lately. Which is why I am so mad about what happened just now. I put Lia down for a much-needed afternoon nap, and after she cried for a few minutes, she fell asleep. I decided to go check on her, like I usually do, to make sure her blankets weren't over her face. Well, this time they were a little, so I carefully pulled them off her face.
And she woke up.
I ducked out of her room unseen, but it was too late. She started screaming again, even harder than before, and after about half an hour I finally went and got her. I tried to get her to sleep on me, next to me, turned on the TV, she just got more and more tired but refused to nap.
So I put her back down in her crib. She is still crying. She'll stop crying for a bit, then start up again, then stop, then cry..... It's been more than an hour since I first put her down.
Sometimes being a mom is hard, because I don't know what to do for my child. I want desperately to help her, but I don't know how. I just have to take it one day at a time I guess.
On the plus side, I exercised, did the dishes, and did a load of laundry today before the naptime catastrophe. Go mom.
I Do Now
6 days ago

1 comment:
I always layed down with my kids at naptime I am a great beliver in Mom needs a nap at the same time as baby . I aiways nursed on my side at nap time this was soothing to me and to my baby .I usually feel asleep for about fifteen mims but the baby would stay asleep 1 to 2 hours . I was more refrshed and able to handle the stresses of crying time . I know that it is populer belife now that you shouldnt nurse a baby to put them to sleep and all that but my most loving and calming times were when I was sleeping a nursing my babys
Post a Comment