Yup, today Eleanor is 2 months old! Crazy! (Or as Lia says, "Cway-bee!)
I am loving Eleanor more and more as she gets older. She is soooo sweet! She smiles at us as soon as she sees us. She loves to snuggle. There are times when I'm holding her as she sleeps and I just don't want to put her down because she is so warm and little and precious. She "talks" and coos happily all the time. I just love hearing her little voice. She is such a good baby. Her big sister demands a LOT of attention these days, so often when I'm not actually feeding or changing Eleanor I have to just put her in her swing so I can take care of Sister. She never complains, just chills in her swing until she falls asleep. She loves that swing, and it's a good thing because Lia can't reach her in the swing as well. (Lia likes to sit on Eleanor when she's in her bouncer or o the floor.)

I think it's interesting how different the two girls have been. Eleanor has had some trouble with thrush, acid reflux, yeast infections/diaper rashes, mild cradle cap, and really bad baby acne. Lia didn't have any of those in her first two months! She did have RSV however, at 7 weeks. Eleanor is also quite a bit chunkier than her sis was. She was 12 lbs 2 oz a couple weeks ago at her WIC appointment. I love it, especially her kissable cheeks. She is a good eater but not very scheduled. Sometimes she goes 2 hours between feedings, but if she is asleep and comfy in her swing she can go up to 4 hours during the day. At night she has gone up to 6 hours, and usually wakes up every three or four to eat. However, every once in a while she goes back to waking up every 2 hours during the night. I keep wondering when she's going to start consolidating her sleep and be more awake during the day, but to be honest I am still liking the sleepy baby stage. I love that she just falls asleep in my arms and I can snuggle her.

As far as having two kids, well we're all still adjusting. I still have a hard time getting things done during the day, especially laundry (yikes!), but I have a few things figured out. I am happy to say things are getting better and better, and I am actually getting to enjoy my little Eleanor instead of just being tired and frustrated all the time haha. I am so glad we have E in our family. She really completes the Penman clan, at least for now :) I love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment