Saturday was so busy for our family. Every night since
Wednesday, Dustin has been working late (like as late as 4 in the morning) to
get his derby truck finished, and his friend’s too. Luckily he didn’t have to
go to his internship on any of those days, but unluckily I didn’t see my
husband for almost three days straight. It was hard but worth it, watching him
and his friend compete in the derby.
Saturday morning we got up early-ish to get ready. First I
went to a yard sale in my apartment complex to raise money for a girl in our
neighborhood who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. She is 7 years old. I
actually worked with her at Hillcrest when she was in kindergarten and she is
just such a sweet girl, so I bought a few things at the yard sale to help them
raise some money. Right after the yard sale was our ward Women Conference,
which myself and the other ladies in the Relief Society Presidency have been planning
for months. Miranda was nice enough to watch my girls while I attended. I was
supposed to do a piano/flute duet at the conference, but it ended up being a
solo because the other girl was unable to make it. It went okay though. The whole
conference was great, which was awesome because a lot of prayer and planning
went into it.
After the conference was lunch and naps, then frantically
cleaning the house (thanks again Miranda!) so it wouldn’t be a disaster when
Dustin’s family came to stay after the derby.
Dustin worked literally up to the last minute on the derby trucks, and I
was so impressed and relieved that they actually finished them on time!
Watching the derby with family was a blast. My sister-in-law
came up with her cute little boy Carson, who is a month older than Eleanor. It’s
always fun to see them. Dustin did a
great job in the derby. He won the grudge match and then took 6th
place in the final. I always love watching him in the derbies because it’s
something he loves to do and he’s good at it.
We all got to bed late after the derby, and took 3-hour naps
on Sunday after church. I hope I never have a day that busy for a while, but at
least it was fun!
 |
| Dustin working hard to get the truck done |
 |
| The beast! |
 |
| Looks pretty dang good! |
 |
| Dustin got stuck up on the berm early in the first heat, but came back to win the grudge match! |
 |
| Appols, Eleanor, Carson |
 |
| The kids played relatively nicely together before church Sunday morning |
 |
| Love these cute kids! |
.
No comments:
Post a Comment