Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Two

I love this picture.
A lot of people have been telling me lately, "I can't believe Lia is two already!"

I feel the opposite. I can't believe she's only two. Has this wonderful girl really only been in our lives for two years? It seems so much longer, and she seems so much older than two.
Looks so old!
Lia can talk in complete sentences. She can ask intelligent questions, and use deductive reasoning to figure out the answers. She is so smart! Last night in the car she wanted me to reach into the back seat to wipe her nose. I wanted her to do it herself, so I told her I couldn't help her right then. She said, "Are you driving Mom?" I answered, "Um, yep, I am," even though I wasn't.
She gave me a squinty look, then asked, "Is Daddy driving?"
"Yes, Daddy is driving," I answered.
Lia thought about that for a second, then declared, "Then Mommy can help me wipe my nose!" Can't fool that one. She uses big words like "actually" and "probably" and "otherwise." She was coloring with Miranda during the break and found a crayon that looked blue. She colored with it for a second, and then declared "Hey! This crayon looks blue, but actually it's purple!" She continually dumbfounds me with her vocabulary and mastery of language. It is pretty cool.
"Hello? I just wonder if you're not getting it."


Besides talking, Lia also sings. I love hearing her sing. She can sing almost all the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABC Song, Old MacDonald Had a Farm, Rock a Bye Baby, Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam, I Am a Child of God and others. She also likes to make up songs about things she's doing, and when she can't think of any words to sing, she just sings "do dah do dah do dah." 
She loved making cookies with Grandma.

Lia likes watching movies. Her favorite is Mulan, followed by Hercules and Winnie the Pooh. She also likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Yo Gabba Gabba. She still loves reading books with mommy. She also loves coloring, playing with play dough, and playing games on our new tablet. Speaking of the tablet, she sure figured out how to work that think quick. She likes Angry Birds. She now thinks every screen is a touch screen, including the TV, the computer, and my phone. It's funny to watch her poke my phone trying to get something to happen.
Silly Girl
Lia is still a picky eater and a fabulous sleeper. She is getting better and better at playing nicely with kids her age. Actually, she plays best with kids a year or so older than her. I think it's because her speaking and social skills are advanced for her age. She likes running and jumping and laughing and being tickled. She loved her birthday and Christmas this year. She likes taking baths with Eleanor and getting her hair done. She likes doing anything Mommy does, like "putting makeup" and talking on the phone.She likes jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed, and playing in Eleanor's bed. She loves eating anything sweet (just like her Mom!) and dairy products.
Her hair's getting long and staying curly.
Of course with TWO come tantrums and meltdowns and whining and crying for no reason. Sometimes Lia gets in a mood and just pushes all of my buttons. She likes to yell when she's arguing with me. It's actually funny sometimes, because sometimes I'll be telling her something like, "Don't touch the ornaments on the Christmas Tree," and she yells back at me, "No! I DON'T WANT TO  touch the ornaments!" not realizing she's actually agreeing with me.
Every morning she says, "Uh oh! The lights on the Christmas Tree! Turn it on Mom!"
I really don't know what I'd do without this girl in my life. She makes me laugh and smile every day. She makes me try to be a better person, because I am so worried about making sure I raise her right. Happy Birthday Lia! We love you!