Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beautiful Day for a Beautiful Hike

Yesterday was just a beautiful day, mostly warm and clear with a little breeze. So last night I checked the temperatures for today (Saturday) and discovered that it was supposed to be even nicer. Of course I wanted to take advantage of what was probably going to be the last nice Saturday in October, so I planned a hike to the wind caves in Logan Canyon for today. Dustin hasn't been to the caves yet, even though he's lived in Logan for almost a year now, and I wanted him to see the canyon in all its amazingly colorful fall glory.
We left at around 11:15 this morning and drove to the wind caves trail. The day really was gorgeous, with temps in the high 60's and a light breeze to cool us down as we hiked. One of the main reasons I like to hike to the wind caves is because of the beautiful red, orange, yellow, green, and brown colors in the trees along the trail. Sadly, a lot of the leaves have already fallen, so the colors weren't as bright as last year when I went. I like to collect leaves and press them. Robert and William came with Dustin and I, and luckily Robert brought his camera! So I have pictures to put up!

Dustin and I in the kissing tree

On a cliff

Threatening to push Dustin off the cliff

Aren't the colors on the trees great?



The inside of the caves isn't all that great, in my opinion. I mean, it's kind of fun, but the rock is really slippery and kind of steep, so it's hard to keep your footing. And there's always people around, especially today since everyone knows it's probably the last nice day all year to get out and see a little nature, get a little exercise.


The rock formations are pretty cool, though. I wish people wouldn't carve and paint their names all over the place. It would make the caves a lot prettier.

Well, I may put more pictures up later. This is taking way too long and I have a paper to write!

No comments: