Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Friday, October 2, 2009

New Car!

On Tuesday Dustin and I made one of our first major purchases as a married couple--buying our first car together. Yay! We weren't planning on getting a new car for ourselves until next year sometime, so we would have time to save up some money. However, Dustin makes it a point to check KSL.com car classifieds every day, and he stumbled across a really killer deal. A guy here in Logan was selling his 2000 Hyundai Elantra for only 1700. The car (according to Dustin) is a pretty good one, with low mileage and no major problems and the like. I have learned to always take Dustin's word for it when it comes to cars, because he knows a LOT and I don't know anything! We had managed to save up nearly this amount on our own, so we negotiated with the guy, who was willing to lower his price significantly for us. So, we were able to pick up the car and close the deal on Tuesday. I am so excited for the new car! Those of you who are familiar with the cars we have been driving since we got married will be pretty excited for us too. One of them is older than Dustin and I. It is a great car though, and still running like a champ, but we did want something more reliable. The trouble now is, we can't actually drive the lovely new car, because we used basically ALL of our money to get it. So we can't actually register it or anything for a couple weeks, till our next paychecks come in. We were actually pretty lucky that we had just enough money to pay rent, bills, and tithing, and still just have enough for the car. We can't spend any money for the next couple weeks, but since we just went shopping we think we'll be okay. I am just looking forward to driving a car that isn't as long as a boat!

No comments: