Before
After
What a difference!
Cute hubs working on the car
Later that afternoon, one of my best friends growing up, Meagan Crandall, drove up to Logan and visited me! Meg is just gorgeous and so much fun. She also brought her 9 month old girl, Eva, who is super cute. Thanks for visiting you two!
I have a new-found respect for baby photographers. Babies are so squirmy and it is hard to get a good pic!
After Meagan and Eva left, Dustin and I went to the LAST Aggie basketball homegame of the season. We met up with our friends Scarlett and Nathan, who saved us some pretty good seats. Good thing too, because the place was PACKED!
(Don't let this picture deceive you. The only reason everyone is sitting down looking bored is because it is halftime, and we never have good halftime shows. Usually this crowd is crazy!)
We played New Mexico State and it was such a good game! We were losing for most of the first half, but then pulled some Aggie magic after halftime and won the game, 81-63. Which makes our team the Western Athletic Conference Champions for the third year in a row! Go Aggies!


1 comment:
I appreciate your response about the issue. It is a very interesting topic. Please know that I'm not attacking you as text tone can be deceiving. You wrote, "Some kids just thrive at school, are excited and smart, are kind and happy. Others are not," and "The majority of the kids I talk to, who have issues with homework and who are bored and think school is dumb, have no parental support at home." I don't disagree with that fact that parents play an important role in education but essentially you're saying that my first two basic assumptions are invalid and don't apply to everyone. My issue is not with parental involvement. I believe children can and want to learn, regardless of home life. I think school, by taking away children from the parents for 7-8 hours a day, destroys family unity and some parents can fight that battle. But should they have to? Of course parents much teach and exemplify principled living but I do believe school as a system fights against principles.
Post a Comment