Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer!

Okay, so it's not really summer at all yet, since it is pouring as I write this.  But yesterday was my last day of work!!  Yay!!  I thought it was going to be today, but no one told me that the school was letting out early today.  Around 10 I texted my coworker to ask what time I should come in, and she told me school was out early. So I didn't go in.  I am sooooo excited to be done working.  I have tons of projects I want to work on this summer.  Clean out the baby room and finish decorating it, clean out my room and my closet, clean out the closet under the stairs, finish some picture albums.....to name a few.  Plus I am going to play outside with Lia and my neighbors, go on walks, play in the park, take Lia swimming, work in my flower garden, soak up the sun....ahhhh, I can't wait!  Now if the weather would just cooperate, I'd be set!

Here is something we found out while babysitting Edgar a couple days ago. 

Babies love licorice!

Lia didn't really eat hers, just sucked on it and smeared it all over her face.

Mmmmmm, licorice!  Lia had it smeared clear up to her ear. 

We also discovered that it is a shame Edgar isn't a girl, because his hair holds bows so well. 

(I don't know if Kim and Robert will ever let us babysit again.....)
(Oh, okay, I guess Edgar wouldn't be better as a girl. But Lia is jealous of his hair.)

And lastly, Lia finally loves her cereal.  We usually give her the oatmeal variety, sometimes with a little rice cereal or applesauce mixed in (or both).  She has a fit if I take away the empty bowl and she's not done.  She eats a ton!  What a good girl :)  She is also working hard on sitting up all by herself.  She can sit up unsupported for about 10 seconds or so before she loses her balance.  She is getting so big!  She will be 5 months old next week, can you believe it?  We love her!




No comments: