Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What We Love About Lia ~ 5 Months Edition

*Lia is learning new things every day!  Just a week ago she could only sit up for a few seconds at a time without tipping, and now she can sit for ten minutes or more! I can't believe how fast she catches on to things.
*Her tongue is always sticking out of her mouth, and she chews on it sometimes.  Silly girl!  She also sucks on her tongue to self-soothe when she's sleeping.

*She is enjoying her baby cereal, but she is not adventurous when it comes to food.  Every time I try to introduce her to a new food, like applesauce, she makes her nasty face and gags.  It takes her a few times to like new foods. We have only tried  one or two so far.  

*We call it the stabby thumb.  All babies Lia's age like to hit and slap and feel things in their world, but Lia also likes to stab with her thumb.  She spreads her fingers out wide and turns her hand and stabs her thumb down.  I don't know if all babies do this, but Lia sure does!  (See picture below)
Thumb stabbing her new high chair.

*She is still resisting naps.  Some days she sleeps two hours straight in the afternoon, some days she just cat naps a couple times and that is it.  (She gets to go to bed early on those days!)  
*She babbles constantly.  She says her d's and b's and m's and g's, so we occasionally get a "da-da" or "ma-ma."  She also squeals and yells. And whines :)

*Lia loves babies. She recognizes Edgar and the twins next door.  I can tell she's just itching to get down on the ground and play, but since she's not really mobile yet she usually just has to watch from my lap. 
*She is so active.  She thinks I am a jungle gym. She would dive right off my lap if I let her.


*She usually sleeps through the night, waking up around 5 or 6 to eat and then waking up for the day at 8 or 9.  
*The thing I love most about my baby is her awesome personality.  She is silly and happy and makes me laugh every day.  Some of the looks she gives us are just hilarious!  





2 comments:

That One Guy said...

The only baby Is ever knew who did the thumb stab was Seth. he did it to everything.

mamita said...

We called it the thumb test . It was for everything new he came in contact with. He always tested all his food befor he would eat it