Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What a Week it Has Been

It all started a week ago.....

Last Wednesday was HOT.  I was hot all day.  Dustin was hot all day.  The house was hot.  So I didn't think anything of it when I felt my baby's head sometime in the afternoon and it was burning.  I assumed she was just hot like the rest of us.  My sisters came over later that evening and thought she felt hot too.  I took off her clothes and realized it wasn't just her head, her whole torso felt like fire.  I gave her a cool bath, put washrags on her head, took her outside after it cooled down a little, but nothing helped.  I realized she must have a very high fever.  I took her temp: 102*.  My mom said I probably didn't need to call a doctor unless it got above 103*. 

That night was sooooo long.  Lia burned all night.  She cried every time I put her in her bed.  She only wanted to be held upright (looking back, that should have been a clue, but I am new at this so I missed it).  Neither of us got more than a couple of hours of sleep at a time.  Early the next morning I called her doctor, who advised giving her more Tylenol and calling if it got worse.  The next time I took her temp, it was 103.3*.  I scheduled an appointment.  The diagnosis: an ear infection and sore throat.  We got her some Amoxicillin but all of Thursday and Friday she was still feeling awful and was very clingy, and would just whimper and cry. It made me so sad. Friday she also had the pukes and diarrhea, which made me just exhausted.  Finally on Friday night her fever broke and she was acting like her usual self, so we took her to Logan's fireworks.  (Lia's opinion of fireworks is "meh.")

My house was a wreck because I hadn't been able to do anything for two days with a sick baby, and we were planning on leaving Saturday morning to visit Dustin's family in Circleville for the holiday.  So we got up earlier than we wanted on Saturday to clean and pack.  The 5 hour ride to C-Town was terrible because our air conditioner is broken so we had the windows down the whole way, which Lia absolutely hates because it is so loud and windy.  She cried almost nonstop for the last 2 hours of the trip. 

We did have a good time with Dustin's family.  Lia, however, would not be held by anyone but Mommy the whole time.  She cried anytime anyone else even got near her, including Daddy.  I think she was still not feeling good, and since we don't get to see Dustin's family very often she felt like I was handing her to a roomful of complete strangers.  It gets exhausting having to hold the baby or be near her as she plays 24/7.  It was good seeing Dustin's fam though.  Maybe next time Lia won't be so clingy.  The ride home was better, since it was a little stormy so it wasn't nearly so hot.  We got back just in time for bed on Monday.  Neither Dustin or I had slept well in Circleville, since it was hot in our room and the baby woke us up a few times.  I didn't sleep well Monday either because for some reason someone on our block thought it was a good idea to light fireworks till midnight.  Really, isn't 10 or 10:30 late enough??

Tuesday I got a call from the Hanbury apartments.  We've been on the waiting list to get in to an apartment there for over a year, and a couple weeks ago they called and said we were at the top of the list.  We filled out an application and waited.  So when the lady called me on Tuesday (the 5th), she said our application had been approved and we could move in on the 7th.  So that gives us TWO whole days to get packed up and clean our current place.  It's not gonna happen.  Especially since Lia's illness and the vacation totally threw off her napping groove and she has been a beast about napping for the last two days.  I feel so tired, but it looks like my crazy week is not near over yet.  THANK HEAVEN Lia slept through the night last night and didn't wake up to eat until 5:30, and then went back to sleep till 8:30.  I feel like I can maybe get a good amount of stuff done today, if only I can get my hands on some boxes.

Oh, and I do have some pictures from the 4th Celebrations, but my camera's battery was mostly dead when we got to C-ville, so there aren't very many.  I will post them.......whenever I get a moment, which might not be for a week or more. 

Guess I better go start packing now.....

1 comment:

Six of Us said...

For boxes, go to stores around you and just ask them if they have any extra. The best places are Sears and big appliance stores because refrigerator boxes are HUGE!
Maya had strep last week and Cali had a fever the week before, so I totally feel you on sick kids. But congrats on the new apartment! I hate moving, but I love that feeling of some place new. If that makes sense... {: