Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

We Have Internet! And Nice Neighbors!

Our first apartment was the cramped attic of a nearly 100-year-old house with 5 other apartments.  I was the (only) primary pianist in the ward, so I sat behind the piano for all of church except sacrament meeting every week and didn't ever really get to know anyone, either neighbors or other women in the ward.  My neighbors were friendly, but not really friends.  I was lonely there.  So when we moved I prayed hard that I would have a friend for a neighbor in the new place.  Now, my prayers have been answered twice. I became friends with my neighbor in our last apartment.  We did things together and did babysitting swaps and our kids played together.  Then when we were going to move again, I was worried about not having friends again.  So I prayed again for a friend.  And just a few weeks after we moved in here, a darling little family moved in right next door.  My neighbor Kim babysits Lia when no one else is available, and we go on walks together, and her daughter Ellie is already Lia's best friend.  I am so glad that Heavenly Father answered my prayers with two neighbor friends for me and Lia. 
Also, our new next door neighbors agreed to share their internet with us, which is win-win because they are on a budget (who isn't?) so us paying half their bill helps them, and we have been dying here without internet so having it in our home (for half the usual price) helps us!  Yay for internet and friends!

No comments: