The BEST thing that has happened since I last posted: Dustin competed in his Demolition Derby!! It was so much fun. At least 40 people from my family and Dustin's came to support him and Robert, and I was so so grateful to them. We had such a fun night. Dustin was the very first truck in the arena, and he was so amazing! Seriously. I was so proud of him. And when he came up after his heat to join us watching the rest of the derby, he had the hugest grin on his face, and I was so happy for him. He has so much stress and worry in his life, I was glad that he finally had something fun just for him. And he was seriously amazing in the derby! He took 4th in his heat, barely missed third place. I have the video of his whole heat, but my computer hates uploading video so I'll post it if I can.
| Before |
| After |
What else? A few weeks ago, Lia and I went to Second Dam with Kim and Edgar and Miranda for an end-of-the-summer picnic.
The weekend before school started we all went up to Bear Lake. It was fun but strange because the water level was so high all the beaches were under water. We had to put out our blankets on a thin strip of gravel between the road and the lake with all the other picnickers. Lia loved the lake! She had a blast in the water. It was fun. We had to leave after only a few hours though, because we started seeing lightning.
| At this time last year, Dustin would have been standing on dry land here. |
And this picture just because it's funny. Who sleeps like that? What a weirdy.
Now we are back in the swing of normal life. Dustin is super busy. He is a supervisor at his work this year, and he was called to be 1st counselor in the Elder's Quorum, and he has classes on top of that. I am not nearly as busy but still exhausted between work, teaching Sunbeams, and trying to keep up with a very active baby. Still, we are enjoying life!

1 comment:
Looks like you've had an awesome summer!! I love the picture of Lia sleeping, that is just too funny! Miss you!!
Post a Comment