Remember this girl?
Can you believe she is now this girl?
Here's a side-by-side comparison.
It's hard to believe it's been a year since I was in the hospital, giving birth to my little girl. She has been such a blessing in our lives! She is truly the best child I could have ever asked for, not perfect but absolutely perfect for Dustin and I!
Here are some fun facts about our girl on her first birthday!
1. She talks! Here are the words she can say consistently:
Hi
Uh-oh
Daddy
Mama (finally! a few days ago!)
Ball
Shoe ("doo")
Bottle
Cracker ("da-doo")
Owl ("ow-uh")
Eye
Bye-bye
Hello ("heh-wo")
No no no (she always shakes her head when she says this)
Bite (when she wants a bite of something)
Banana ("na-na")
Night-night ("ny-ny")
Cheese
Please
Jesus ("jee-jee")
Lia ("ee-ah")
Butterfly ("ba-da-by" or "ba-da-ba-da")
Go
Tree ("dee")
Dog
Kitty
It seems like she learns a new word every day. I love hearing her sweet little voice.
![]() |
| Playing piano with Grandma! |
2. She is still our little independent girl. She'll just take off walking, not even looking back to see where mom and dad are. There is one exception though:
3. She is very nervous around strangers who are trying to hold her or interact with her. As long as they leave her alone, she is okay. As soon as anyone tries to pick her up, she starts screaming and running for mom and dad. Now and then she'll pick a random person to like, but usually it takes her a while to warm up to strangers.
4. She is so silly! She is always making us laugh with her crazy antics.
| Playing video games with Daddy! |
5. She loves giving kisses. She gives open-mouth kisses to people, but with her stuffed animals she says "Mmm-ah!" and squishes her face on them. She also says "mmm-ah!" when she's blowing kisses, which is darling.
6. She likes dancing and wiggling all around, and recently she figured out how to scoot away from me when I'm trying to change her diaper. Stinker....
7. She is so smart. I am amazed every day at how much she has learned.
| Opening presents for our "early Christmas" |
8. She still likes looking at books more than playing with toys.
9. She loves blankets and anything soft she can snuggle with and kiss.
10. She rarely gives us problems when it comes to sleeping. She goes right to bed on her own when we put her down, and still takes two good naps a day (usually!).
| Enjoying a birthday candy bar from Grandma and Grandpa Schade--and glaring at me for interrupting her. |
11. She is terrible at playing the "I'm gonna get you!" game. I start chasing her around on my knees and instead of running, she squeals and laughs and then freezes in place and falls backwards into my arms. It is hilarious!
12. She loves bananas! Sometimes she has bananas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (along with other things of course).
13. She has 8 teeth and I think she's going to cut another one soon.
14. She throws tantrums. When she gets upset about something, she starts to scream and goes all boneless and collapses in a pathetic heap on the floor. I thought this behavior didn't start until the "terrible twos" but I guess not!
My little baby is not so little anymore! We love her so much. She brings us so much joy. She is such a smart, happy, pretty little girl, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings!




No comments:
Post a Comment