Now it starts getting exciting!
I am measuring at 36 weeks and my doctor asked me if I think this baby feels bigger than my last one (Lia was about 8 1/2 lbs). How the heck am I supposed to know? I do know this: I hope this baby isn't bigger than that!
I am 1cm dilated and about 50% effaced. When the doctor told me this he almost sounded apologetic, like he's sorry I wasn't any more progressed. However, I was super excited by this news! When my water broke with Lia (3 days overdue) I wasn't even 1 cm dilated, so already I'm farther along than I ever was last time! I hope to keep dilating slowly so I can go into labor on my own this time, and not have my water break without being in labor like last time. That wasn't fun.
And in case you were wondering, yes we have tentatively decided on a name for this child. Dustin was in charge of naming this one, and his favorite right now is Eleanor. I don't see him finding another one he likes (that I don't hate) before she comes, so we'll probably end up sticking with it. I like the name, and I like having something to call this child.
5 more weeks folks!
I Do Now
6 days ago

4 comments:
So fun! Love the name Eleanor- I've even mentioned it to William, but it's not his favorite. Oh well, sounds like you'll be able to use it! Good luck over the next few weeks!
cant wait to see pics in the next little wile. Eleanore is a beautiful name
I think Eleanor is such an elegant and BEAUTIFUL name. It fits so well with Lia too. Little Lia and Eleanor. Would you call her Ellie? Elle? Nor.... Ya. Maybe not that.
I'm so excited for you! 1 cm! That's good news! And 50% effaced! That's really good news too! I think this baby may come a little early.
Thanks everyone! I hope we do get to use the name Eleanor, there's still a chance Dustin will change his mind haha. Mary, we've talked about calling her Ellie for short but I'll probably just call her Eleanor mostly. My sister says she's going to call her Nora, which I also like.
I certainly hope she comes early!
Post a Comment