This week was the university's spring break, but Dustin and I couldn't really go anywhere because we work for the Logan School District, and their spring break isn't until April. (You guessed it, the university is still in session during the school district's spring break so we can't really take a vacation then either.) Luckily, we didn't have work on Friday, so Thursday night we drove down to Richfield to visit Dustin's brother and his wife, who just had their first baby on March 11th!
It was only a couple of days, but we got a break from regular Logan life and got to visit family and of course, see our darling little nephew for the first time. It was really fun. Long drive, but really fun. Lia did great in the car, just read her book to herself and asked for snacks every now and then. She also didn't sleep much, which really surprised me because we mostly drove at night after her bedtime. I guess she thinks she's too old to sleep in the car.
 |
| Carson Michael Penman, born March 11, 2012. 7lbs 9oz and almost 20 in long. And he looks just like his daddy :) |
|
 |
| Lia LOVED that baby. All we heard while we were there was "Baby! Baby! Baby! Hold baby? Hold baby?" She would try to climb on him while he was in his bouncer and try to pull him onto her lap. |
 |
| Such a big girl! It's like she grew up overnight, seeing her next to such a tiny newborn. |
 |
| Giving kisses to Carson. I am hoping that this means she will love our new baby whenever she decides to make her arrival. I'm sure she'll love her at first, and I'm hoping that won't wear off after she realizes how much attention newborns need. I guess all we can do is wait and see! It was really so precious to see her interact with Carson though. |
 |
| The weather was awesome while we were visiting Josh and Appols. They just bought a house last month, so we played outside in the yard (well Lia and Josh and Dustin played, Appols and Carson and I sat and watched). |
 |
| Such a cute boy! |
 |
| Of course Lia had to climb into the baby bouncer. What a goof. |
1 comment:
Holy cow, he looks JUST like his dad. What a cutie! And I love that picture of her kissing him. That is so sweet. She looks sooo big. It's insane!
Post a Comment