Can you believe it? It has been a month already! This month has been a tired blur for the most part. I feel like I have never been so busy all day every day in my whole life. I really hope this is going to get easier before long....It has been hard month, but, at the same time, it has been an entire month! Part of me hopes the next month goes as fast, and part of me can't stand the thought of my little baby growing older. I don't have much time to just sit and enjoy her, because Lia is so jealous of my time that if I'm not nursing the baby, she is snoozing in her swing or chair while I play with or feed my older girl. I wish I could spend more time with her because she is really so sweet.
Before Eleanor was born, I said I wished my second child would be a snuggler because Lia never was. Well, so far we are getting our wish with Eleanor. She LOVES being held, especially by mommy :) If she has been left in her bouncer or swing for a while, she starts fussing to be held. As soon as I pick her up, she quiets right down and relaxes on my chest. It is adorable. She likes looking at my face, and this morning I caught her staring intently at Lia's face while Lia was standing next to her chair playing with some toy. So cute! Eleanor puts up with Lia's constant hugs and pokes and scratches. She is basically a content baby (as long as she is being held often enough haha). In fact, I'm almost sure she has already started smiling at me. I was tickling her cheeks yesterday and she smiled at me every time I did it. And today she smiled at me when I was talking to her and smiling at her. I absolutely love those first baby smiles. They make the first weeks of sleepless nights worth it.
Really that is my only complaint so far--the sleepless nights. Of course I know it's just a part of having a newborn, but I am sincerely looking forward to having more than 2 hours of sleep in a row at night. Eleanor does not do so well at night. Sometimes she goes right back to sleep after waking up, but sometimes she doesn't.
A funny thing about Eleanor is that she is noisy! She growls and grunts and coos all day, even in her sleep and while she's eating. I love it. I love Eleanor.
I Do Now
6 days ago



1 comment:
Holy ONE month! is exactly what I said when I say your post. That went extremely fast. The pictures are ADORABLE! So happy for you and I too am wishing you a longer nights sleep. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment