Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 8

Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary. 

Up until about 9:00 at night, I was pretty sure it was the worst day ever.

Dustin's in the middle of his yearly "Week from Hell" where his summer job and school year job overlap, and he works 12 hours a day. Luckily it is only a week, but it sucks for him. He comes home exhausted and sunburned. I was planning on having the kitchen and living room cleaned and a nice dinner made for when he got home.

Well that didn't happen at all.  I ended up having my first real experience with Post Partum Depression and felt just awful all day.  Every thing made me cry and life was so overwhelming that I didn't get anything done at all. I never really experienced that with Lia, and I feel better today, so I hope that was the last I'll see of PPD.

On top of that, by the afternoon my entire body was aching and one breast was sore and hot, and I realized I was probably getting a breast infection as well.  By the time Dustin came home, no one felt much like celebrating.

We had a McDonald's picnic outside in the gorgeous evening for dinner, which cheered me up a little.  After Lia went to bed Dustin and I stayed up talking for a little while, something we haven't been able to do in a while because we're so tired. I still felt like crap but we managed to salvage the evening right before bed and re-connect with each other.

The day wasn't a complete failure. And today Dustin bought me beautiful flowers and white chocolate. He has been so great the past few weeks since Eleanor was born. We have come a long way in our lives since we were married three years ago.  Three apartments, two kids, 7 cars (yes we have gone through 7 cars) one motorcycle, dozens of aquarium fish and frogs, three lizards, many many many hours in the car, and a lot of homework later, we are still enjoying our life and loving each other and our two girls. Life gets pretty stressful and hard at times, especially now with Dustin working long hours this week and me still getting the hang of having two kids and neither of us getting much sleep.  But, other than wishing for a little more sleep at night, I really wouldn't want it any other way. 

Love you Dustin!

1 comment:

Mary Ludwig said...

Awww. This is like a tribute to real life. I love that you just say it how it is! You've got a good husband! I hope that your PPD is over too! If it isn't though- you know you have a friend to talk to if you need someone to just listen and say "Yep. It sucks." Love ya Maryannie!