Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Eleanor, 3 mos

Hey! I got a picture to work!!

And now a post about Eleanor :)
She is 3 months old now!  She is such a sweet girl. She had her "2 month" appointment about a week before she turned 3 months, and she was 14 lbs! That is 95th percentile for weight, and she's also the 95th percentile for height.  We bought her a box of size two diapers because those size ones weren't even covering her lil bum anymore, but the size twos aren't big enough either!  Looks like she's going to be in threes when her box of twos are all gone, which is funny because Lia is still in threes. That'll make buying diapers easier.
Eleanor loves sucking on her hands. She loves sucking on anything really, but hands are the most convenient and accessible. She still "talks" a lot and still has the saddest little sad face imaginable when she's crying or upset at all.  She is still waking up at least twice a night to eat, which is getting tiring, I'm not going to lie.  I am hoping for some 5 or 6 hour stretches here soon. Keeping my fingers crossed!  She has started spitting up a TON and I hate spit up more than I hate poopy blowouts. So that is a challenge for me. But I guess I'm getting used to it.....a little.
Eleanor loves to be held and cuddled. Yesterday she was not feeling good most of the day, and I ended up holding her almost the entire day. It was nice in a way, but she gets heavy and I felt like I didn't get much done all day.
I am still breastfeeding her but thinking of introducing a bottle as soon as I can get a breast pump because she is CRAZY when she eats.  I swear most babies who breastfeed will just snuggle up and eat peacefully, but Eleanor almost always thrashes around and grabs my shirt (or nursing cover) and yanks it around, tries to turn her head while she's still eating, and makes a mess of things. It makes it hard to nurse discreetly in public, so I'm thinking being able to bring a bottle when we are out and about will make our lives easier.
Eleanor still hasn't really laughed yet, but we're sooooo close.  She sort of gives little almost-giggles that are adorable, but I want to hear some actual laughs!  We are seeing more of her sweet personality every day. She can hold her head up and likes to look around and smile at people. She has started to grab onto toys and shove them in her mouth if you put them in her hands.  Oh, also, she rolled over from front to back for the first time a couple days before her three-month birthday!  She's so big :)
Eleanor is a happy, good-natured little girl. I'm glad she's here.


No comments: