Eleanor Christine turned 5 months on the 15th.
That day was undoubtedly the busiest of my whole summer (see previous post!), so I didn’t get a 5
month post written till now.
Skills: Eleanor has been able to sit up unassisted for a
couple weeks now, so as far as that goes she’s pretty much on the same timeline
as her sister. She also rolls and rolls
all over the place! She loves rolling
around. She’s almost able to scoot forward on her tummy, and I wonder if we’ll
have definite forward motion in the next month! She tries to scoot but usually
just ends up rolling over. She loves grabbing toys and hitting anything in
front of her. One new skill that I’m not happy about is screaming. She has
learned that loud, screeching squeal and uses it frequently. One funny thing to
note is, Lia still uses both hands pretty regularly, and is just barely showing
a slight preference for the right hand. Eleanor, however, is definitely showing
a right-hand preference. She reaches for
things and hits them more often with her right. (Out of curiosity—when did your
child start showing a hand preference? Please comment below!)
| Practicing her sitting skills |
Firsts: Eleanor had her first taste of oatmeal baby cereal
and loved it! She loves shoving
EVERYTHING in her mouth, so I’m not surprised she likes to eat solids. She’s
also had a banana and liked it. She’s also started babbling “da-da-ga-ba-ba-mmmma-ma”
and things like that. It’s pretty cute!
| Mmmm, cereal!! |
Likes: Eleanor likes baths now that she can sit up. It makes
it harder to bathe her because she slips around, but she loves sitting and
splashing in the water with Lia. She loves mommy! She would be held all day
long if she had her way. She likes sucking on things, especially her fingers
and pacifiers. She likes her sister and laughs at Lia more than anything else.
I don’t really get why she is so fond of Lia since Lia’s favorite thing to do
is push her over when she’s sitting, but I guess it’s a good thing. Ellie likes being outside, and she thinks
grass is fascinating. She likes grabbing faces and burying her face in your
shoulder, which is so darling. All my shirts have snot and drool marks on the
shoulders, but I actually don’t mind much.
| First visit with Great- Grandma and Grandpa |
Dislikes: She hates being left alone, even for a couple
minutes while I’m cleaning or using the bathroom! It is so hard
to get things done because she just screams and screams until I pick her
up. I know it wont hurt her to just let her cry, but her screams are so
piercing that I can’t even think, so I always end up holding her before long.
She doesn’t like getting dressed or getting her bum changed. She is so big and
roly-poly that it is hard to wrestle her clothes and diaper on her. She does
not like getting her nose wiped, which is unfortunate because she has a runny
nose right now. She also apparently doesn’t like sleeping, because we’re still
doing a feeding every 3-4 hours each night. It is very tiring and frustrating.
I’ve figured out how to get her to sleep during naptime and bedtime: give her a
pacifier and a shirt that smells like me to cuddle with, and she’ll drift off
to sleep on her own. At night, though, she absolutely WILL NOT go back to sleep
without nursing. I’ve tried everything I can think of. So for now, I’ll
continue to nurse her 2-4 times a night I guess.
| How sweet is she! |
Eleanor is so fun.
She babbles and talks and sucks her lips in, which makes her face look
silly and I love it. She hums and drools all day and pats my cheeks and grabs
my hair and gives me super wet kisses. Love this little girl!
| She had a cute outfit on, but right as I grabbed the camera she spit up all over it. Typical Eleanor! |

1 comment:
I still can't tell which one zach favors. He seems to do equally well with both hands. Although i guess it doesn't help that i have a hard time telling right from left anyway! hahahaha
Post a Comment