Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cozy

Dustin and I have been living in our little apartment for 9 months now, so I decided to put up some pictures of the place.  We have our names on a few waiting lists for a new place when our contract here ends, and we're excited to have more room and some desperately needed upgrades--a washer and dryer and dishwasher to be exact.  (I despise having to spend money to do our laundry in tiny little washers, and to make it worse you have to get it all in quarters, and can't just put the load in for a few more minutes if the clothes aren't dry.  And Dustin hates not having a dishwasher.)  So we're pretty excited to move out.  We do like the place we're living right now, we are just looking forward to the summer.  :)

Anyway, here's our 91-year-old apartment. It's fun and quirky. 

KITCHEN/DINING ROOM (first room you walk into)
















That cupboard-looking-thing on the right is a hidden ironing board.















These are close-ups of the cool tiling on the backsplash.


Front door & the china cupboards that came with the apartment (good thing because there's not much cupboard space)














LIVING ROOM--to the left of the kitchen.  The door at the back of the room goes out onto a little porch we share with the neighbor.



















This is a weird space in the apartment--we use it to store our Christmas tree and decor, and our games.





















Reading nook I created after we finally cleared out the last of the move-in boxes.  My favorite place in the apt.



















T.V. and hand-me-down entertainment center.














D.I. $15 couch and pictures.  And fish.



















Okay this is a little weird but it's one of my favorite parts of the apt and one of the reasons we decided to get it.  I love this rounded doorway between the living room and the kitchen.


















BATHROOM--to the right of the kitchen.  Thanks to our new toilet (which doesn't run constantly), our shower no longer goes hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold the whole time.  Yay!


















Cool sink.  Notice the hot/cold knobs though--makes hand washing hard.


Another random closet thing--in the bathroom.



















BEDROOM. 


The house our apartment is in used to be a boarding house.  I think our bedroom used to be a separate room.  The door on the right of this pic leads straight out into the hallway.  Except there are random cupboards in the doorway with padlocks on them so people don't just walk into our bedroom.  It is weird.

Last random closet, behind the purple mirror.


No comments: