I always look forward to Conference Weekend. I love hearing the leaders of the church speak to us. It seems like conference weekend always falls when I need it most, right when I need a spiritual boost in my life. This weekend was especially good. Dustin and I watched the Saturday sessions in our apartment together. Then we went to my parents house, and Dustin went to the priesthood session with my dad and brothers. We had a great time with my family. My mom even made Dustin and I easter baskets, along with the other kids. She is the nicest mommy ever.
Last month sometime I mentioned to Dustin that even though I have lived about 20 miles from Salt Lake almost my whole life, I have never been to an actual session of conference. So my wonderful hubby managed to get us some tickets to the Sunday afternoon session! It was fun to go to Salt Lake with him. We had about the worst seats possible, but it was still cool. We didn't see many protesters on temple square, which surprised both of us. I guess by Sunday afternoon they were all worn out or something. It was pretty cool to be in the conference center, but I actually found it harder to pay attention because I was looking around at all the people around me. I am glad we went though.
At one point in the session, Dustin leaned over to me and said something like, "Isn't it cool that, at one point the entire church would have taken up one row of chairs, and now this entire building holds only a small fraction of the members?" It was awesome to be surrounded by so many people who believe the same things as me. I have to say, though, that I prefer to watch conference in my pajamas on my couch, with a bowl of Wonderful Stuff and one of my sisters doing my hair, or my hubby giving me a shoulder rub. I feel so blessed that we have the technologybe able to watch conference at home, surrounded by family, like the people in King Benjamin's time who gathered as families in their tents to hear the prophet speak.
1 comment:
I agree, there is something about being able to be with your family during conference that makes it so much better.
Post a Comment