I just felt an earthquake for the first time in my life!
This may be boring for you to read, but it is pretty exciting for me so I'm writing it for me mostly.
Around 6:00, I was waiting for Dustin to come home, watching TV.
All of the sudden I felt the house shaking, like a big truck was passing on the street.
My heart started pounding hard.
I was startled to see that my tall cupboard in my kitchen was actually moving a little.
Then I realized that it couldn't have been a truck, because it lasted too long, maybe 6 or 7 seconds.
Long enough for me to think, "Holy cow, is this really an earthquake? No way. Wait, what else could it be?"
And then, "Should I get in the door frame?"
And then, "Is Dustin okay?"
By the time I had decided to get in the doorframe, the shaking stopped. I went over to the window and looked outside, for some reason thinking that if there was an earthquake I would see it......?? Don't really know what I was thinking.
By the time Dustin got home a few minutes later I had forgotten about it, having decided that it probably wasn't really an earthquake. Finally about 20 mins later I remembered and asked him, "Did we have an earthquake earlier?" He hadn't felt anything, and when he looked it up on the internet we didn't find anything. He left to play Ultimate Frisbee right after that, and only seconds after he left he called me, saying he heard on the radio that there was an earthquake. At the same time, a "Breaking News" cast came on confirming it. Turns out it was a magnitude 5.0, epicenter in Rich County, just east of Logan.
WILD! I felt an earthquake. And it really startled me, and started my heart pounding. I am glad it wasn't bigger because it did give me a scare. But still....now I can say I have been in an earthquake.
I am weird I know. :)
I Do Now
6 days ago

3 comments:
I also looked on the internet, however, my search was more fruitful. There was a 4.9 earthquake in Weber county, no injuries reported yet. And we felt it too!! We all thought someone was shaking our chairs for a joke, until everyone asked about it at the same time.
cool! I did not feel a darn thing!
wow that's so crazy! I'm glad it wasn't a big one and that no one got hurt!
Post a Comment