This weekend Dustin and I travelled from Logan across the whole state to St. George! Whew! That is a long trip! Luckily we did it in stages--we stopped in Circleville, Dustin's hometown, to stay with family Friday night. (Circleville is about 5 hours from Logan.) Then on Saturday we all went down to the St. George Temple (another 2 1/2 hours) to see Dustin's aunt and uncle be sealed to their new little girl. They cannot have biological children, so they have fostered two little girls, one 5 and one 4 1/2. They were sealed to their 5-year-old and it was so amazing to witness! I am so happy that they are creating their eternal family. One thing that the sealer said is that adoption is an important part of God's plan, and I truly believe that it is.
While we were in Circleville, Dustin's grandma dropped a box into Dustin's lap and said, "Here, we got you this because you always get lost." It was a brand new Magellan GPS for the car, just like the one in the picture. We were both extremely surprised. Partly because that is an expensive and unexpected gift, and partly because Dustin doesn't really get lost that much. In fact, I was having a hard time thinking of more than one time he's had to call for directions, but apparently once is all it takes for the grandparents to think you need a GPS.
Well even though we didn't feel we needed the gift, we accepted it and tried it out on our 5-hour drive back from Circleville. Once I realized that the GPS was automatically set to Canada instead of the US (who knows why Canada is the default!) we were able to set our home address and Voila! a detailed roadmap back home. It is actually a pretty cool little gadget. We had fun checking out the settings and stuff for the first hour or so of the drive home, which was uneventful till we got to Ogden.
I was talking to Dustin about something or other when suddenly he hit the brakes and jerked to the right, and I felt us run over something. Apparently it was a GARBAGE CAN that had somehow gotten onto the freeway! Well the car seemed fine but we decided to exit anyway to be sure. We took the next exit, checked the car out, and found no dents or scratches or anything. Whew! Then we realized that we had managed to pick the only exit in Ogden that doesn't have a north-bound on-ramp. We aren't too familiar with Ogden, so we weren't sure what to do, until we remembered the GPS! And lo and behold, that clever little gadget led us right back to the nearest interstate exchange.
So, the only time we would possibly need directions back to our own house, we get a GPS as a present. Coincidence? I think not.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the weather in St. George was AMAZING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment