Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

35 (and a half) Weeks

The good news is, the baby is head down now.
The bad news is, this puts her feet in the most uncomfortable places--like mom's ribs.  

Sometimes she raises such a big lump on my tummy I think she must be straightening her legs all the way out.  It rather hurts.  I try to push her back down but she is a strong little one!  We told my doctor at some point that Dustin and I were both over 8 lbs, and Dustin's brother was over 10lbs, and that I am worried about having to give birth to a huge baby....so now Dr. Noorda always teases me about how huge she is.  At least, I hope he's teasing.  During my exam today, after telling me he could tell she was head down, he said, "Oh yeah, she's gonna be at least 8 lbs 8 oz.  Or we're sending her back!"  (I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I really like my doctor.  He makes Dustin and I very comfortable, answers even our silliest questions withough making us feel dumb, and has a good sense of humor.)  Really though, one of my biggest fears about labor is having a gigantic baby.  Ouch.


 Only 4 and a half weeks to go!  Can you even believe it?!  We are getting soooo excited! 

1 comment:

Bass Family said...

I keep having dreams of having my baby and he has a monster head. :) That doesn't really have anything to do with your post.... but i thought i would tell you anyway. :) Loves!!!