Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween, Finally, Plus Some Other Stuff

It's been a busy sort of week.  I am starting to feel more tired more often.  I sleep for ten hours a night sometimes....and then still feel tired after getting back from work (and I only work for 3.75 hours a day).  I love work but I usually have to take about three bathroom breaks--if you do the math, that's almost once every hour.  Sheesh!  Luckily I can sit for most of the afternoon as I teach my kindergarten reading groups, but for the last half hour of the day I am more of a "floater," meaning I wander around the room while the kids do their centers and help whoever needs help.  Which usually means kneeling or squatting down to get at their level. Kindergarten tables are pretty short, so my feet and legs and back start to protest if I am down for too long. Luckily it's only the last half hour of the day.  I don't know what I'd do if I was working full time. 

Anyway, I totally wasn't intending to write about work.  I want to upload some pictures from Halloween.  I know, that was forever ago, but I still want to get some pictures up.  So here they are.


First, we carved us some pumpkins.  I think this was the Tuesday before Halloween.


32 weeks! 

Baby in a pumpkin!  Poor Edgar.  He didn't complain though. 

My finished product.  Not my best Jack o' Lantern ever.  Plus I broke a few of those skinny little pieces between the cut-out parts, so the design fell completely apart after one day.  Oh well.  
(In case you couldn't tell, it's a cat in a window.  With creepy eyes.) 
Dustin's design: a guy pulling out his own eyeball.  Yuck.  His pumpkin was huge so he also carved a spider and a web. 


Next year I want to carve a big pumpkin that says "Happy Halloween" but cave it backwards so I can make the words show up on the house, because my cat design looked sweet.  That would be cool, eh?

Miranda's.  I love it!  Unfortunately the candle burned a hole in her ghost's head. 



On the Friday before Halloween, Sara and Katie and Jenni hosted a party at their apartment.  It was a lot of fun, especially since the Pratt and Goodspeed kids came up to Logan for the fun!  I love it when my brothers come up to visit.  They are getting all growed up!  *sniff*  We had refreshments and played a Murder Mystery game which was hilarious.


Skeleton Family!  We wore our costumes to work that day, because elementary schools have parties!  (Did you know Dustin and I work at the same place?  I work 11:45-3:30 in kindergarten and he works 3:00-6:00 in After School Club.  It's fun.)

My costume was a hit!  I am literally still to this day getting people come up and tell me how much they liked it.  I kept getting asked if I made it myself.  The answer is yes, I cut out skeleton bones from white fabric and glued them on some D.I. sweats, but I got the idea off the internet.  Also, I did not design that baby.  It comes from a shirt sold here that I didn't want to pay thirty bucks for....


Lia's first Halloween costume!


Love these people!  Seriously, check out how old Joey looks!  Crazy! 


Can't get over this awesome tree that my sister Sara made on their wall.  She is so artsy! 
  


The party was a lot of fun, and I am way impressed with the way my sisters and cousins organized everything and decorated and made it a fun night.  Good job girls!

No comments: