I got out of bed this morning and felt a "gush of fluid." It didn't feel like I had wet my pants, so I assumed my water had broken. I called Labor and Delivery and they told me to come on in. I got all hooked up to the monitors and such and they did tests to see if my water had actually broken. The answer: No. Guess I just wet my pants after all. How embarrassing. The nurse who helped us out was super nice though. She said it happens all the time. She told us that, since I am already three days overdue, she would call the doctor on call (mine is out of town), and we could possible start labor today anyway. But after checking me again and talking to the doctor, they decided to just send me home to wait till Monday. My cervix is just not ready for labor yet. If it was, I would still be in the hospital. But instead we are back at home eating lunch on the couch. I'm not too bummed because I had kind of already gotten used to the idea of going in Monday. So we're still here, Lia is still kickin around in my belly, doing just great according to the fetal monitors they had me hooked up to. I'll post again if anything else interesting happens!
(Please don't think I'm weird or crazy for not being able to recognize whether my water broke or not. It really felt like something new and unusual. so I decided to play it safe and call in. I feel a little silly about it, but what was I supposed to do?)
I Do Now
6 days ago

6 comments:
Lol. How funny- and sad. :( Don't feel bad if you are a little bummed. know how disappointing that is to think "THIS IS IT! MY BABY IS GONNA BE HERE TODAY!" and then...nope. You have to wait. There is almost nothing worse in the whole world. Oh- and I don't think you are weird or crazy about not knowing if your water broke. I already had my epidural (and was 4 cm dilated) when they broke my water so I have no idea what it feels like either.
oh...and this is Mary... obviously... I'm pretty sure Aaron doesn't think you're weird or crazy either though...cause he doesn't know what that feels like either...
this is awkward.
Suprise! it wasn't a false alarm after all!
That's a bummer! You have got to be so anxious. I did not want to go to the hospital on Sunday for the same fear of being sent home. My water hadn't broken but i was tired of having contractions at home. Amazingly they let me stay. Monday is SO close. Good luck.
Yay!! It was just a test and since you passed it means Lia gets to be a Christmas Eve baby! Excellent. :) Love you sis!
she DID come, she DID!! Hooray. Now if only Zack attack would get here. Maybe it will be a 4 hour labor...we can hope.
Post a Comment