Some recent happenings:
1. Dustin and his friend Robert are building a demolition derby car! Well actually it is a suburban. Their derby is Sep. 10th here in Logan. If you are in the area, please come! It will be so fun. I am excited for Dustin because he loves derbies and he hasn't been able to be in one since he was a teenager. It makes him happy, and so I am happy too, even though the long hours working on the truck means I don't see him very often. But I'll see him plenty after the derby, and it's worth it for something that he has wanted to do for so long.
2. Speaking of Dustin, he had his 24th birthday Aug. 10th. Happy Birthday Love!
| Didn't I do a great job on his cake? |
| All right, fine, I didn't make that cake. I made this wreck. |
| Nothing a few candles and some cookies can't fix, right? |
| Happy Birthday Honey! |
3. Me and Lia went to IKEA for the first time with my mom and sisters. Yay! Lia had a good time. So did I. But my feet hurt.
| Just strolling through IKEA |
| I want this high chair. Lia loved that brush. As long as she could carry it around the store, she was fine. |
| Playin with Zachie. |
| He is so cute! |
| Lia and Grandma! |
| We went swimming in my backyard, in our little baby blow-up pool. |
6. I have three callings in our new ward! Yes, three! I am a Sunbeam teacher, a choir pianist, and a choir member. My ward choir is so small they have to call people to be in it. We really like our ward though, they have been very friendly and welcoming. The bishopric keep telling Dustin they have a calling in mind for him but it isn't "ready" yet. Hmmmmm.
7. I just finished reading a book called Three Cups of Tea. I am so glad I read it. I kept thinking, Yes, Yes, Yes! This guy is so right! The book is about an American mountain climber, Greg Mortensen, who stumbles upon a remote village in Pakistan with no school. He promises to build them one. Over the next decade, he ends up building dozens of schools in poor, rural, isolated Northern Pakistan and Afghanistan. The work he does is amazing. The insight into the lives of humble, ordinary Muslims is so eye-opening and touching. One man, after meeting with Mortensen and visiting the schools he built, comes to the conclusion that the Pakistani people are the most welcoming and kind on the earth. This was even after the events of 9/11. Not exactly the message you get from the news here today, is it? I really recommend reading this book. It is a little hard to read because the co-author is a journalist and his sentences tend to be wordy and sometimes confusing, but I read the book in two days because I was so riveted by the story.
8. In the past few weeks Lia has learned how to craw, pull herself up to things, and eat finger foods all by herself. She is getting so big!
One more thing. Is anyone else hating blogger right now? Cuz I am.



No comments:
Post a Comment