Our baby girl has accomplished a lot in the past month! It was challenging for her to figure out how to coordinate her hands and feet and knees to crawl, but she finally accomplished it a couple weeks ago. First she moved forward on her hands and feet with her little bum up in the air, but now she speeds around the house on her hands and knees like a champ. Just before she learned how to crawl, she started pulling herself up to things. That surprised me, but this girl has always loved to stand. She was standing up on our laps at just a couple weeks old. She loves walking around holding onto our hands, and she is figuring out how to cruise along the furniture. This month, Lia Jo also learned how to feed herself finger foods. She loves feeding herself Cheerios and baby puffs and pieces of toast. I tried to feed her a pea the other day, but after moving it around in her mouth for over 5 minutes I just took it out. I’ll try again later.
Our girl is really starting to get into things more and more. Her favorites are the recycling box and the stack of books by the couch, and the dishwasher if I’m trying to do the dishes. I tried to block her from getting into the kitchen by laying a chair down on its side in front of her, but pretty soon she figured out how to crawl between the legs of the chair and was back in the kitchen with me. She is too smart! She has shown us a few more aspects of her personality in the last month. She is stubborn and independent, always wanting to do things by herself. But, she has also grown more affectionate lately, especially with her Daddy, who is loving the change. She squeals and wants to be held as soon as he walks in the door after work. We are starting to see hints of separation anxiety, but not when my sisters are around. Lia would much rather be with Miranda and Sara than with me. She cries when they leave. She still has some snuggles for Mommy though, which I am just soaking up in the days before I start work again.
Lia babbles and talks all day long. I just love listening to her sweet little voice. Her hair is growing in very slowly. I am hoping we’ll be able to put bows in it by her first birthday, but let’s face it, there’s a good chance that’s not going to happen. Lia loves to play hide and seek and peek a boo, she likes reading stories and has a favorite blanky that she cuddles with. Yesterday she started making this silly cheesy grin scrunchy face that is hilarious. I’ve been trying to get it on camera but no such luck. She is such a happy girl, we just love her to pieces and can’t get enough of her. I can’t believe she’s already 8 months old! Love you Baby Girl!
 |
| Second Dam |
 |
| So Cute |
 |
Miranda managed to get a clip in her hair on her 8 month birthday! Cute!
|
1 comment:
She's so cute! I can't believe she's wanting to walk! I think I need to start baby proofing my house just in case Thomas decides to follow her lead and become mobile!
Post a Comment