Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Sigh

I am looking forward to the start of the school year. I am. I am excited to take Lia Jo to her first football game, her first Aggie basketball game (with earplugs!). I want to take her on walks up on campus, maybe meet Dustin up there after class. Two more of my cousins will be up here, which will bring the total number of Green family (my mom’s fam) grandkids in Logan up to eight, plus two in-laws and two great-grandkids. We like to get together every so often and have dinner together, but with the growing number we may have to start doing pot-luck….The point is, I’m thinking it’ll be a fun school year.


I just didn’t realize it was starting NEXT WEEK.

There is only one full week left before summer is officially over.

How did that happen? There are still things I want to do before summer ends! We haven’t even taken a day trip up to Bear Lake this summer. I still want to go swimming a few more times. Camp. Have a picnic or two. Play outside with Lia, who is still afraid of grass. Hang out with my friends and their babies.

I think one of my problems is that Dustin has been using every spare minute of his time to work on his derby truck, which he wants to get done before school starts. Which is fine, except that I don’t want to go do fun stuff without him, so I am stuck here doing the same old things day after day. Also, I am starting work again part-time the same day Dustin starts school, so my all-day freedom will be slightly diminished.

Usually I am itching for summer to be over, because I don’t like the heat. But it has been more mild than usual here in Logan this summer, plus our new apartment has AC, so I haven’t really felt the heat. For once, I am dreading the cold weather coming up all too soon.

Can’t we have just a few more weeks of summer?

Please?

No comments: