Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crazy!

I can't get over how fast my little baby is growing up all of the sudden. Every time I turn around she is learning something new.  She has three words that she uses regularly: Hi, Uh-oh, and Ball.  The last one is new.  Tuesday she had been playing with her big green ball earlier in the day, so I decided to ask her, "Lia, where's your ball?" just to see what she would do.  She immediately started looking around saying "Ba? Ba?" until she spotted it, and crawled right over to it and started playing!  I thought, maybe that was just a coincidence.  So I said, "Lia, where's your blanky?"  (She has one favorite snuggle blanket that comes everywhere with her.) She stopped playing and looked all around until she spotted her blanky, then crawled over to it and snuggled her face right down in it like she always does.  I was amazed.  So I asked again, "Lia, where's your ball?"  And just like last time, she said "Ba?" and went right over to it!  This girl seriously blows me away.  I've recently been trying to teach her the sign for "please" because I was sick of her whining and whining when she wanted a bite of my food.  Today I asked her if she wanted a cracker, and she immediately signed "please!" She says "da-doo" for cracker but she also says "da-doo" for anything with two syllables, so I can't decide if she really thinks she's saying cracker or not.  She tries to repeat the words we say to her. She usually doesn't get the sounds right but she almost always gets the number of syllables right.  Also, if I ask her "Where's mommy's nose?" she can point to it!

Teeth!

I know I sound like I'm just bragging about my kid.  I'm honestly writing these things more for my own memory than to get compliments or just to brag.  I'm probably going to blog about it every time she learns a new word--just because I know it's something I'm going to want to remember. I am just truly blown away by how much such a little thing can learn so quickly!

No comments: