Today really was a great day. I didn't think it would be, since we started out by waking up early to clean up, but really I feel great. The house is clean, I didn't have work, Dustin was home all day, and Lia was her precious funny self instead of her whiny not-feeling-good self (which we have been seeing lately). We did a little shopping, went to PetsMart (Lia loves looking at the fish and the birdies), and watched a movie. Plus I made strawberrry-banana bread :) Nothing special, but for some reason I'm just feeling great today. (Okay, I guess I know that a huge part of the feel-goods comes from the fact that the house is so clean. It's rare for all rooms to be clean at the same time haha). With pregnancy hormones and fatigue raging, seems like most days have frustration and a bit of depression instead of happiness and feeling proud of myself. Plus Dustin has been dealing with a lot of stress, so that makes me stressed, and I think it also rubs off on Lia and she gets ornery. I'm not saying that I'm depressed and tired and overwhelmed all day every day--on the contrary, usually I'm content and I always find things to be happy about. I am an optimist at heart. But at this time in our lives, we are dealing with a fair amount of stress and with both of us working, life is busy. But today was just really good. I'm almost dreading tomorrow and the hormones or tiredness that might strike-- you never know with a pregnant woman. I just want to feel like this all the time! I guess that's why we have "opposition in all things"-- I don't think I would have felt so good today if I hadn't been having a bit of a hard time lately. We need the bad to appreciate the good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment