Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Monday, February 13, 2012

I Am a Child of God

One of my biggest goals for the New Year was to be more consistent with Family Home Evenings.  I can probably count on both hands the number of FHEs Dustin and I have done from the time we were married to the time Lia turned a year old, and I have been really feeling like we need to do better.  I'm glad to say we've only missed a couple weeks this year.  Our FHEs may be short and discombobulated, but at least we are doing them.

Tonight I planned a short Family Home Evening (even shorter than usual haha)  because Lia has been feeling a little sick and cranky this evening. Tonight's FHE was just going to be a prayer and then a video from Mormon Messages Channel on Youtube.  As soon as we sat down though, Lia started "singing" and doing the actions for "Itsy Bitsy Spider," her new favorite song.  So we sang that for our opening song, then had a prayer, then I played this video (a music video the church made to the song "I Am a Child of God"), thinking she probably wouldn't sit still and watch it all the way through. 

Well, as you can see in this picture, I was wrong.  Lia loved that video. She cried when it was over until we played it again. And again. And again. I think she watched that video four or five times, sitting still and staring intently at the computer screen. It was touching to me, because I think she was feeling the spirit of the song even if she can't exactly understand the words. She has a hard time sitting still and watching flashy, loud cartoons that are supposedly made for toddlers, but a simple video with simple truths contained in a simple song will hold her attention forever. I was also grateful for the reminder that Lia is Heavenly Father's beloved and precious daughter, and so am I. Having a child of my own really puts the phrase "I am a child of God" in a whole new perspective. 


And here are a few other pictures of my girl that I wanted to share.

Miranda accomplished pigtails!  Cute, right?

Pigtails the next morning!!  This picture CRACKS ME UP! I just love the bedhead-sleepy-eyes look.

Lia's favorite toy is her Pooh Bear. She calls it "Pooh-Bah" and takes it to bed with her, rocks it and "sings" to it and pats it on the back, and gives it drinks from her sippy. I think it's so cute.

Discovered a whole new world behind the couch today!

No comments: