Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby Month

The due date is a little over 2 weeks away.
Aaahhhh!
Okay. I am so very ready to not be pregnant anymore.  This baby is huge!  She is soooo active. Her kicks and rolls and punches hurt.  She is always up in my ribs, AND down on my bladder.  The doctor thinks she's bigger than average.  Maybe bigger than Lia was (8lbs 6 oz). He doesn't think it will be a problem really, since I've already delivered what's considered an above-average size baby, but I am worried about it just a little. He says if I'm making any progress at my 39 week appointment he'd be fine inducing me then, but I'm supposed to work that whole week so..... we'll see what happens I guess. 

This week is Spring Break for the elementary schools here in Logan, so Dustin and I don't have work.  We're not going anywhere, but I'm using the week to get the house cleaned and ready for baby and Dustin is trying to get as much homework done as he can. Yesterday I deep cleaned the kitchen and my back and feet were killing me afterward!  Luckily we got this great heated back massage cushion thing a few years ago at Christmas that we've never used.  Well it was put to good use last night!  Wonderful!

I'm trying to spend a lot of time with Lia when I'm not cleaning the house. Snuggles and such. She is growing up so fast! She has started stringing words together to make phrases like, "Daddy shoe" and "bye-bye Daddy" and "more apple." She likes counting things but the only number she knows is "two," so she just counts "two, two, two, two! Two baby!" Or ball or blanket or whatever she was counting. She says "hold you" when she wants to be held. Her favorite thing is standing at the bay windows in our dining area, watching the action on the street outside. There is a yard area and a canal and a street that's popular with the runners of Logan. So depending on when you look out, there are dogs, ducks, people, buses, trucks, and always cars to point at. The ducks are her favorite. She stands at the window and yells "Guack guack guack!" at the top of her voice.  When we're outside she chases them around.

Sometimes I wonder if she can sense that a big change is coming.  She is much more clingy than usual lately.  She always wants mommy.  If I'm sitting she's climbing on me (and that hurts more often than not). She randomly comes up to Dustin and I and snuggles her head on our shoulder and pats us on the back. Last night, for the first time in months and months, she cried when I put her down to bed. She kept crying unless Dustin or I was in there with her, and then it became a game, so eventually we just had to let her cry herself to sleep. She's now in the stage where she cries, "Mommy! Mommy! Hold you!" instead of just crying, so it was hard. I'm so glad I have Dustin around to give a hand with Lia when I need it, he was such a big help to me yesterday when I was getting the kitchen cleaned and last night when I was just too sore and tired to go in and hold Lia.

Well that's how life is for now. I don't have any pictures to share. I'll get a belly pic later so you all can see the gigantic-ness that is me right now.

No comments: