Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Lia got another pretty new Easter dress from Grandma Penman this year.  Dustin's family has this tradition of dressing up the kids in fancy dresses and suits on Easter and taking pics of them doing an Easter egg hunt.  There are pictures of Dustin and Josh when they're like 3 and 4 dressed in tuxes gathering eggs!  I think it's funny and cute :) So since Lia's old enough this year, we thought we'd do the same.  We put her in her dress for a little while on Saturday for her egg hunt, and she loved it.  She thought it was a blast running around picking up the colorful eggs, and she was especially excited to find out that there was "CANNY" in those eggs! She was less thrilled earlier when we colored eggs with her.  Basically she just thought we were big weirdos for coloring on eggs with crayons and then dunking them in the colored water. She kept reaching in to get the eggs out and getting her hands all wet, and then complaining, "Yucky! Hands! Yucky!" She had this look of disgust on her face most of the time.  It was pretty hilarious. 

I liked being able to do one last big fun activity with just the three of us before the baby comes.  We also colored with chalk on Saturday (Lia's parents are cheap for Easter: $1.00 for plastic eggs, $1.00 for sidewalk chalk for a present, and $2.00 for M&Ms to fill the eggs!)

I also took some pictures of Lia before we put her in her dress for the egg hunt, and I think they turned out pretty cute!



    
I love the look on her face!  She is so interested in what Daddy is doing in the upper left pic (click to see larger) but then she loses interest fast!




She's so big and grown up!

No comments: