Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A funny story

Last week while I was at work, I went to pick up my kindergartners from their class to take them to ESL with me.  One of the boys, Johnathan, is really a hoot.  He is super adorable and says the funniest things in his Spanglish.  Anyway, last week when I picked them up, he ran up to me and shouted,

"Teacher, look!"  And pointed to his feet. 

I assumed he was showing me new shoes or something, but the boots he was wearing were the same ones he had before Christmas.  Still, I played along.

"Oh, did you get  new boots?"

"No teacher!  Look!"

He then proceeded to take off his boots. 

I was confused.

"Johnathan, what are you doing?"  I said, as he started rumaging around inside the boots with his hands.

"SEE?" he said, triumphant, as he showed me two small action figures that he had been keeping, for some reason, in his shoes. 

I started laughing.  "Johnathan, why did......what are....." 

I was laughing too hard to even form a complete sentence.  Johnathan just stood there, grinning somewhat sheepishly, realizing he had done something funny but not knowing what...... He kept this grin on his face all the way down the hall, action figures clenched in his hands.   

I couldn't stop smiling either!

No comments: