This is the last holiday post! Finally! As you know, Dustin and I were with his family for about 2 weeks in December, for Christmas and New Year. We stayed with his grandparents, who are currently taking care of two infants at their house right now. Landyn, 6 months, is the son of Dustin's cousin, who is living with grandma and grandpa right now.
Landyn--6 mths--usually a pretty happy, active little guy.
The other baby is a high-risk DCFS (Division of Children and Family Services) baby named Levi, who is 3 and a bit months old. He is the son of a woman Dustin's uncle married, who turned out to be sort of a crazy psycho lady who tried to overdose while she was pregnant with Levi. So, he is basically a crack baby. Grandma and grandpa told us that he cried a LOT at first and they had a really hard time finding formula that he would keep down. They had been taking care of him for about 10 weeks when we got there. He's doing a lot better but still needs special care. Needless to say, with two infants in the house, including a high-risk one, grandma and grandpa are pretty busy and (though they won't admit it) a little stressed and tired.
When Dustin and I first walked into the house in December, Levi was crying. Of course, being the baby-lover I am, I went over to him and took him from grandma. After a few minutes, he stopped crying and fell asleep on my shoulder. Over the next couple weeks, I developed a love for the poor little thing. He is SO adorable for one thing. And I never got irritated or annoyed or impatient when he cried and cried and cried, because it wasn't his fault! His mom was stupid and irresponsible and Levi is suffering the consequences. I felt so sorry for him.
Dustin and I quickly discovered his favorite positions to be held in--completely vertical or over your arm on his stomach. He doesn't like reclining unless he's eating. He does cry a lot, but I didn't find him much harder than a normal baby. He stops crying and falls asleep pretty easily after bouncing and patting. One of his problems is, his stomach doesn't know how to tell him he's full. So even after eating a full bottle, he will still think he's hungry and cry and cry until his brain finally gets the message that he was fed. I loved helping grandma and grandpa care for him while we were there, and Dustin really had a knack for getting him to stop crying too. I even gave him a bath once--my first time bathing a baby! I just LOVE this little boy. He is so sweet and cute and loving. I got a lot of pictures. Here they are!
Sleeping babies are one of my favorite things in the world.
He's tiny--only about 10 lbs at 3 1/2 months. He was 2 months premature.
He is not too happy in this picture, but this is actually one of his favorite positions.
Such an adorable sleeper!
Look at that great smile!
He doesn't make eye contact very often. Usually he's staring over his shoulder like this.
Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right position......
Aren't they adorable?

1 comment:
wow, he is a cutie! That's too bad about his situation though, but what a doll:)
Post a Comment