This year we decided to stay in Logan for the 4th of July weekend, instead of visiting family like we usually do for holidays. Partly because we have no moneys for gas, and partly because we heard that Logan is a pretty cool place to be for the 4th. We ended up having a lot of fun. We spent most of the weekend with Kim and Robert and my sister, Miranda.
Friday the 2nd was Logan's big Independence Day Celebration. I don't know why they decided to do it on the 2nd instead of the 3rd, but whatever. They had a concert and some other patriotic event stuff at the USU football stadium, but we decided the ticket price wasn't worth it. So we picked a spot on the lawn outside the stadium on Friday afternoon and put down a blanket to reserve it for the fireworks show after the concert. Unfortunately I wasn't exactly sure where the fireworks would be launched from, so they were a little blocked by some trees, but not too bad. The fireworks show was awesome! Definitely one of the best I've ever seen. I also enjoyed snuggling with my honey while we watched them :)
Saturday morning, July 3rd, we went to the Cache Valley Cruise-In car show. It is the biggest car show in Utah apparently. People bring their cool cars to show off. It was really cool but I had no idea there would be SO MANY cars! We walked around the fairgrounds for over 2 hours looking at all the awesome cars. My legs were killing me by the time we were done. Some of the cars were brand new super expensive cars, some were cars that the owners had modified to look cool or crazy, some were way old cars all painted up nice, some were classic cars, and some were really lame, like just a big truck. What's so cool about a big truck? My favorite ones were the really old ones, like from the 20's and 30's, that were restored and painted all cool. And I also liked the cars that looked really weird, like alien cars haha. It was a perfect day for the car show, not too hot with a lovely breeze. Saturday night they did a parade with most of the cars down main street, and that was cool too.
The 4th of July was Sunday of course, and we didn't do much that day. I kind of liked Independence Day being on a Sunday this year, because Dustin got Monday off work so we had basically a 4-day long celebration. On Monday we decided to drive up to Bear Lake with Kim and Robert and Miranda. It was so fun! Bear Lake is beautiful and Dustin had never been. We got there around 1:00. The public beach was pretty crowded, but we found a nice spot. We had a picnic and waded in the water, which was pretty cold, but not too bad because it was quite shallow along the beach. We played some games and sun-bathed. The girls put on sunblock, but the boys did not. Yes, they are fried toasty. Thank goodness for Aloe Vera.
I took a bunch of pictures of the car show on my phone since our camera was still dead, and I am in the process of trying to upload them to facebook so I can copy them onto my computer. In the meantime, here are the Bear Lake pictures. Isn't it gorgeous?
(The boys were seeing how far they could wade out. I think they got up to their chests before the cold made them come back)

1 comment:
Oh you gotta love any excuse for a beach! It looks like you guys had tonz of fun!
Post a Comment