I posted last week about the Jehovah's Witness missionaries that came to my door and got me thinking about scripture study. Well I am happy to report that since that day, I have been much better at personal scripture study. Not perfect by any means. I still miss days. But I feel like I am getting back into the habit and I feel good about that.
An interesting result of the JW visit is, the way I study the scriptures has changed. Now whenever I read, I automatically find myself thinking, "What part of what I just read could I share with a non-member?" I try to find verses that would relate well to almost anyone who I might happen upon. For example, today I was reading in D&C section 18, where it is talking about the worth of souls. I thought, that is something that most people can relate to, the idea that every soul is precious to God. I have never read scriptures with this mindset before, and it is pretty cool. Really, the next step should be writing in my scripture journal again (sadly, it has been collecting dust on my shelf for a couple years now), but I just haven't gotten it out yet. One step at a time, right?
On a different note, once I find my camera (grrr...this is why it is a good thing we don't have an expensive camera, I am always losing ours!) I will post some pictures of the first Aggie football game of the season! Oh yeah, we totally won! Woot woot, go Ags!
I Do Now
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment