Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Help

I feel awesome.  Because normally I don't do much in the way of celebrating Martin Luther King Day.  Or Civil Rights Day or whatever they call it now.  But yesterday, I celebrated unintentionally!  I finally got around to reading "The Help" over the weekend.  I loved it!  Couldn't put it down.  I finished it late Sunday night, so on Monday I rented it from Redbox and watched the movie.  After we finished watching it I thought, Hey, what a great way to celebrate the holiday, right?  Maybe I'll watch it every year on MLK Day. 

If you haven't read the book yet, I highly recommend it!  I really liked the movie too, but I'd read the book before watching the movie, it made things easier to understand and made the movie more enjoyable, in my opinion.





2 comments:

Meagan and Ryan said...

I am hearing a lot of good things about this book. I have it on hold at the library. I need to pick it up but I always have kids with me and I do not want to get them out just to pick up a book. Anyway, I will for sure read it before I watch the movie.

mamita said...

I loved the book