Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Visit from Grandma


  Lia Jo was such a good girl yesterday!  Lately she has been testing mommy and daddy's patience by trying to assert her independence and whining about everything.  But yesterday my mom came up to visit for the day, and Lia was wonderful all day (at least, I thought so!). She loves grandma.  It only took her a few minutes to warm up.  My sisters who live in Logan were also at my house most of the day, to spend time with Mom, so that may have also had a part in Lia's good behavior.  So much attention!  Plus her friend Edgar came over to play. Sometimes Lia and Edgar play nice and laugh and squeal, and sometimes they cry about sharing toys.  They are cute to watch.  It was so much fun to have my mom over.  She is such a great woman, totally my role model when it comes to being a mother!  It makes me wonder if someday Lia will look up to me and admire me the way I look up to and admire my mother.  I hope she does.  I hope I can be that kind of mom.  Even after mom left yesterday, Lia was just playful and fun and silly and I just couldn't get enough kisses and loves from her.  We love Lia so much!  I often wonder why Heavenly Father allowed Dustin and I to watch over one of his most special daughters.  I hope it means he has faith in us. We are trying our hardest and doing our best to teach her about Jesus. Hopefully she will turn out okay!

I didn't get any pics of my mom and Lia on our camera, just on hers!  Oops!  So here are some pics of Lia and Edgar playing by the windows. 

2 comments:

Bass Family said...

Awww, how fun! I wish i could have been up there too. But i'm super glad that you guys had so much fun.

Maryann Goodspeed Penman said...

I wish you could have been there too!
It is not the same without you.