Yesterday all three of us here were sick with a 24-hour flu bug. It was not fun. Today we were all still a little tired and out-of-sorts. Consequently, the house is messy and the dishes haven't been done in a few days. Something in the sink stinks but I'm too tired to go fix the problem. This evening as I was standing at the stove trying to get some dinner made, with the house a mess and Lia hanging on my pants whining for attention and food, I realized that in a few short months I was going to be adding a crying needy newborn to the mix. I suddenly wanted to cry. What am I getting myself into? I can barely handle life and housework with
one baby. Dustin will be here of course but he works and goes to school. I know Lia will be a few months older and hopefully a little more independent by the time baby comes, but still she is a toddler and she needs a lot of attention. I don't know, maybe I'm just in one of those pregnancy-related depressed moments, but I really hope once the baby comes I can keep it together. I am so excited to meet the new little girl, but so very nervous as well. I hope I can handle this.
1 comment:
You can do it!!! I'm sure that the first few months will be a fog, but after you get a schedule or routine down it won't be so hard for you. I love you lots! And don't forget you have a lot of family up there that will help you out if you need them too.
Post a Comment