Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

someone thinks an awful lot of himself...

Okay so I'm a little behind the times on this one, but Dustin told me last night about Kanye West's little moment at the VMA's on Sunday, and it just blew me away. Taylor Swift had just won the award for Best Female Video for "You Belong With Me" (which I love, by the way), and had only said a few words of her acceptance speech when Kanye West decided it was his personal duty to come up on stage, take the microphone from Taylor, and announce that Beyonce should have won the award. He handed the microphone back to the poor girl, who was then left standing on the stage in front of thousands of people, not knowing what to say, feeling completely awkward and embarrassed and upstaged. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! I don't care who you are Kanye West, nothing gives you the right to ruin what could have been one of the most amazing moments in a 19-year-old girl's life. I bet he felt really stupid later in the night when Beyonce won the Best Video of the Year award, came up on stage, and invited Taylor back up to have her moment. Now that is class! Kudos Beyonce. Kanye, you are a jerk. I don't care how many apologies you post on your blog. Next time, have a little respect. And don't come to the VMA's drunk.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/435995/taylor-swift-wins-best-female-video.jhtml#id=1620605
And here's Beyonce being awesome: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/436021/beyonce-wins-video-of-the-year.jhtml#id=1620604
In case you were wondering how and why Taylor changed into a red dress.....well I actually have no idea! Celebrities are just weird that way, I guess.

3 comments:

kimber said...

also, some of those people were dressed KRASEE!

Maryann Goodspeed Penman said...

Indeed. You gotta love celebrities.

Bass Family said...

Kanye West used to be cool, but now we know that he is a fat head axey-tootie-fluffy-tootie. I hope someone kicks him in the shins. :)