Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Who loves derbies?

We do!!!! On Saturday night Dustin and I went to our third demolition derby up here in Logan. We missed the first one of the summer, but caught all the rest. We love derbies! Dustin wants to drive in one soon. He already has a few times before his mission, and he does pretty well. I think it would be cool to cheer him on if he did enter another derby.
If you haven't been to a demolition derby, GO!! It is so worth it. Seeing cars bash into each other, on purpose, is so cool. And for some reason it just gets the adrenaline pumping to watch them chug around the arena with only three tires and no bumpers and the engine leaking fluids everywhere, and then see a radiator blow up and spew white steam into the sky, and see cars get rolled over or shoved up over the mounds of dirt separating the audience from the destruction....I can't wait for next summer's derby action!
We bought these crazy hats at the derby. The wormy things light up. Dustin had a good time head-banging in them. I have a video of him being a total goof, I'll try to get it uploaded.

1 comment:

kimber said...

me too! mmhmm, mmhmm