Dustin and I had a lot of fun this weekend. His mom's birthday was yesterday, so she came up to Logan with the rest of her family to celebrate. Whenever they come up they stay with Dustin's stepsister, Ashley, and her husband Vern, because they have an adorable 4 month old named Kysler and everone loves him. We got Dustin's mom a beautiful bouquet made of orange lillies and dark pink gerbera daisies and some green leafy stuff--it really was so gorgeous. We spent a lot of the day at Ashley's house with Dustin's mom, his step dad, brother and sister-in-law (Josh and Apple) and sister (Teaira), and the baby. In the afternoon we went to some place in Logan (I forget the name) and raced go-carts, then we went to the Cache Valley Fun Park and played Laser Tag. In case you were wondering, I am
terrible at laser tag. My score was 25. Everyone elses score was upwards of 600. Basically I can't beat Dustin at anything. Yesterday I lost to him at go-carts, laser tag, and air hockey. I try hard. But I am just NOT a gamer of any sort.
Can I just say I think it is neat that I have a nephew? He's my first. He is Dustin's step-sister's kid, but he calls us "Aunt Maryann" and "Uncle Dustin." (Well he can't actually call us anything right now, all he can do is drool on us, but Ashley and Vern are going to have him call us that). He's really a cutie now. His first two or three months of life he was really fussy and a little colicky, but now he is just a smiley little guy who laughs and plays and makes everyone fall in love with him. I like being Aunt Maryann.


Dustin is so cute with his nephew
No comments:
Post a Comment