Yesterday--that is, Saturday, our sleep-in-day--Dustin and I woke up around 5:45 in the morning so we could help Kim and Robert with their whirlwind move to their new apartment. One week ago, they didn't even know they were moving, so it has been such a rush for them, getting everything packed and cleaned. Dustin hasn't been feeling well this week, so he was not really too excited about the early hour, but we stopped by McDonald's and got him some O.J and breakfast, and after that he was good to go. I actually felt pretty good for the couple hours we were helping them pack their stuff into the truck and trailer, but as soon as we got home around eight thirty I was pretty much out of energy. So I took a little nap. I don't think I've ever woken UP from a nap at ten in the morning before! It was a weird feeling. I guess it's a good thing we woke up early, because we did quite a lot yesterday--we got most of our laundry done, watched the homecoming parade for a little bit, test-drove a car we're hoping to buy, and tried to go to the temple with Kim and Robert. Unfortunately none of us got the memo that the temple was, for whatever reason, closed yesterday..... we'll have to try again sometime this week.
Kim and I also went to the Relief Society General Conference last night. Truthfully, we were wondering if we would be able to stay awake because we were both feeling the early morning. However, the conference was just amazing and we didn't have any problem staying awake at all! It is always nice to hear about your eternal potential as a woman in God's kingdom. It is really discouraging sometimes to see the way society puts these unreasonalable expectations on women. It is nice to know that as long as I am doing what the Lord wants me to do, I don't have to worry about being "successful" according to the world's standards. I am excited to hear some more uplifting messages next week during conference. Should be awesome!
I Do Now
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment