Tonight was one of those nights that makes me fall even more in love with my husband Dustin. He picked me up from work and took me to return some shoes, and when we got home he offered to make dinner! We ended up making it together, some nacho-casserole-mish-mash with chips. We watched So You Think You Can Dance, which was only an hour tonight instead of two hours, so we decided to go on a date! We went to the newest Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! We laughed through the whole thing, and kissed a few times (well it is a romance!) and snuggled as well as you can in reclining movie theater seats. We were actually the first ones in the theater, so Dustin took the opportunity to run up and down the aisles--just because no one else was around! I LOVE when he does completely random, spontaneous things like that. When we got out of the theater, we saw that it had snowed again. Dustin wrote our initials in a heart in the new snow and spun me around and kissed me. And then I threw a snowball at him. Haha! After a little snowball fight, in which I managed to get snow up his nose somehow, we came home. It was just awesome to spend a night with my husband, without worrying about school or work or anything. Not that we don't have things to worry about, but we just let go for tonight and had fun.
One of the things I love most about Dustin is that he is SO fun. He is constantly making me laugh because of his silly antics. Like last week, during finals crunch, I looked out our kitchen windows and realized we had HUGE icicles hanging from just outside. I called Dustin into the kitchen to see them. As I was admiring the icicles, preparing to grab the camera to take a picture, Dustin came in, threw open the window, broke off the icicle and pulled it inside. Holding the icicle like a spear while I laughed, he said, "Now take a picture!" After about one picture, he laid the icicle down, went back to the window, and climbed halfway out with me holding onto his pants, to grab another huge icicle a few feet away. I mean, why settle for one giant icicle when you can sword fight with two? This is the difference between Dustin and me---I was content with just admiring the icicles from inside the apartment, but Dustin made it much more fun and entertaining. I have so much fun with him! I just fall more and more in love with this man every day.
From anyone else's point of view, tonight probably wasn't anything special. Dinner in, a movie, a snowball fight. But for some reason it was so special to me, a beautiful night spent with someone who loves me. I am in love with Dustin Penman!
Oh, and here are some of the icicle pictures.

2 comments:
those are stinkin huge!!! and sounds like it was a fun date night:)
Cuter than heck. I never thought I would forget what it felt like to be a newlywed. But three years, and a kid and a half later I somehow think I did lose the whole newlywed thing. It's sad. It's nice to have reminders like this of what it should be like.
Post a Comment