Dustin and I joined my mom's side of the family in Shelley, Idaho for Thanksgiving this year. My mom's family does a reunion-type get-together every year for Thanksgiving. We stay at grandma and grandpa's house for a few days, eating lots of amazing food and desserts, watching movies, playing games, etc. It's always fun to be with family for the Holidays!
While we were in Idaho, me, Dustin, Allison, and Robert went to the Idaho Falls Temple. (Kim was going to come too but wasn't feeling well that day.) It was even mopre special because this is temple where my parents were married. It is quite pretty on the outside, and the inside is just as beautiful. It is an older temple, so there are cool murals and stuff inside. We had a really good time, as we always do at the temple!
After Thanksgiving, Dustin and I decided we wanted some Christmas decorations in our apartment. We weren't going to buy a tree, because we aren't even going to be here for Christmas this year. We're going to spend most fo the holidays with Dustin's family. Once we got home, however, we decided we wanted a Christmas-y house after all. So here is our first ever Penman family Christmas tree! It looks better now because we have put some ornaments on it since this picture. And yes, it's fake. We decided to go fake this year, so we can reuse it for a few years. It's not real big, but it looks just right in our little living room. We also put a string of colored lights on our porch roof, so our building looks nice and cheery from the outside! I LOVE decorating for Christmas and I am so excited to spend the holidays with my honey!


1 comment:
Awww. that's a super cute tree! I was glad i got to come to the temple with you too! I love you guys lots!
Post a Comment