Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Another Quicky

Two thoughts for tonight. First, on Monday I asked my boss for a raise. This was a big event in my life! Sounds silly I know, but I was nervous about it because I have never done anything like that before in my life. I usually just let stuff happen to me--and if I happen to get a raise, Yahoo! But since I will be losing one of my jobs, and thus half of my hours once I graduate, I decided I needed to take action and try to solve our situation. So I worked up my courage and asked Principal Markworth for either a raise in pay, or more hours. Well, as it turns out, both options are mostly out of his control, being regulated by the District, so the outcome of the meeting wasn't exactly good. I didn't get a raise OR more hours. But the important thing is, I didn't talk myself out of doing something that was uncomfortable for me like I usually do. I got brave and did it! And I am rather proud of me. :)
The second item of business is AGGIE BASKETBALL BEAT BYU TONIGHT!! We didn't get to go to the game because I have a huge paper due Friday that I needed to work on--super lame I know--but we listened to the game on the radio. It was looking a little tense in the first half, but the Ags pulled through for the 10 point win!! GO AGGIES!! I love having an awesome basketball team!

No comments: