Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This....

Yesterday Dustin was a little bummed because after a sunny morning, the afternoon became pretty rainy.  By 8 o'clock, we were headed out of the house to put a load of laundry in at Kim and Robert's house.  I left the house, turned toward the car, and stopped dead in my tracks.  The most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen was stretched across the eastern sky.  It was a complete half-circle, both ends shimmering on the trees and rooftops.  But there wasn't just one---a second rainbow, fainter but still clearly visible, was echoed above the first.  And the colors!  I have never seen such brilliant and vibrant colors in a rainbow.  In fact, the bright bottom rainbow had more than just 7 streaks of color--somehow there were repeated lines of blues and greens and violets underneath the rainbow.  I can't really describe it--but it was absolutely amazing.

I tried to take some pictures, but for one thing, the rainbow was too big for my camera, and for another, my camera is sort of crappy, haha.  But the pictures turned out better than I thought, so I will share them.  Hopefully you can get a sense of the awesomeness of the evening!

(P.S. That is not the moon in the third picture.  That would have been cool though.)