Those of you who read my blog may have noticed that I did not post very much in May. I think there's like two posts. Well the reason I have not been posting is because on April 22 Dustin and I found out that I am pregnant! I didn't announce the news right away because I was (still am) afraid of miscarrying and I didn't want to post about being pregnant and then have to post about losing the baby. I know that there is still a chance of losing the baby, but I am 11 weeks and today we heard the little guy's heartbeat, so I am fairly confident that he (or she) will stick around till we get to meet her (or him) in December!
So that's why I haven't been posting, but I have had a LOT on my mind with this whole pregnancy thing! So this may turn into a long post.
First, every day from four days before we took our pregnancy test, I have been sick. I puke two or three times a week, so not too bad, but I feel nauseous all the time. It's hard to eat. Sometimes I get heartburn, but mostly just nauseous. I only puke if I don't eat, except for one time when I threw up our taco dinner (that was really horrible). I have had a hard time adjusting to being pregnant. It is VERY different from what I thought. Hearing about mood swings and nausea and fatigue is one thing, but actually experiencing it all is sooooo strange. Some days I don't feel like myself at all. Who is this tired-all-the-time, can't-do-the-dishes-cuz-the-smell-of-the-sink-makes-me-puke, complaining-at-the-littlest-things woman? It isn't me. Some days I get depressed and call my mom and cry to her about how out-of-control my life feels.
But I think things will be better after today, because today we had our first ultrasound and I saw my baby! I heard his heartbeat! The best part of the whole thing was when the doctor had a good profile shot of our baby, where you could see his head and spine and leg, and then as we were watching, the baby jumped on the screen! My heart skipped a little. He moved around and we saw it! That made it very real to me, even more than hearing his fast strong heartbeat. (The doctor told us we must be having a racehorse.) The baby is really alive and moving around, even though I can't feel him yet. Dustin was there with me of course, holding my hand, and he got all excited too. I teared up a little when the doctor was in the room, and then when he left I hugged Dustin tight and cried. We have a few pictures of our little bean, including a cool perfect shot of one of his skinny little legs and his tiny foot.
The doctor measured the baby and gave us a solid due date: December 20. My birthday!! I am actually really excited that we're having the baby in December. A lot of my family and Dustin's have December birthdays, so the baby already fits right in. I am not afraid of a December birthday. I have always liked mine.
Oh P.S. I call the baby "him" only because I don't like refering to him as "it." Obviously we don't know the gender yet (not for 10 more weeks). We don't really have any preference either way, and we have a boy name and a girl name that we like.
Well that's the news! We're excited! Hooray for babies!
Pigs And Dogs
1 day ago

1 comment:
Oh my word! Congrats! That is so great. I hope the morning sicknesss doesn't last too much longer.
Post a Comment